Download to PDF
National CineMedia (NCM) is America’s Movie Network. As the #1 Millennial weekend network in the U.S., NCM is the connector between brands and movie audiences.
More than 700 million moviegoers annually attend theatres that are currently under contract to present NCM’s FirstLook pre-show in over 40 leading national and regional theater circuits including AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark Holdings, Inc. and Regal Entertainment Group. NCM’s cinema advertising network offers broad reach and unparalleled audience engagement with over 20,500 screens in over 1,600 theaters in 189 Designated Market Areas® (all of the top 50). NCM Digital goes beyond the big screen, extending in-theater campaigns into online and mobile marketing programs to reach entertainment audiences.
NCM’s FirstLook pre-show program showcases entertainment content from ABC Networks, Amazon, Disney, Google, Hulu, Nintendo, NBC, Turner Broadcasting System and more, along with national, regional and local advertising.
- Average unduplicated weekly audience represents a Nielsen rating of 7.0 in adults 18 to 49 and a 9.9 cume for Millennials (Adults 18-34), making FirstLook one of the top 10 primetime shows in the U.S. every week.
- Ends approximately at the advertised movie show time (when the film trailers begin).
- Multiple versions presented every month, targeted by film rating.
Beyond the Big Screen
- NCM Hollywood Studio Promotions — Entertainment marketing partnerships with studios including Fox, Sony, Universal, Warner Bros. and Disney.
- Entertainment Marketing — Exclusive relationships with The Oscars®, Twitter, Entertainment Weekly, and the GRAMMY Awards®.
- Shazam — Shazam gives moviegoers the ability to identify, explore, purchase and share content in NCM’s FirstLook.
- Lobby Promotions — Box office handouts, exit sampling, concessions, signage, lobby displays, tabling and product demonstrations, interactive kiosks and more.
- Lobby Entertainment Network (LEN) — Over 3,000 screens in over 1,500 movie theater lobbies.
- On-screen Interactivity — Through partnerships with Audience Entertainment and TimePlay, moviegoers can interact with brands while in the theater using gesture-based and mobile phone-based interactivity.
- NCM’s Cinema Audience Targeting Optimizer (CATO) — Allows advertisers to go beyond targeting by MPAA rating (G/PG, PG13 and R) to build media schedules at the film and genre level.
- Data Management Platform (DMP) — NCM’s new Nielsen Marketing Cloud Data Management Platform (DMP) will house thousands of first-, second- and third-party consumer data sets, including rich moviegoer data derived from loyalty programs, mobile panels, beacon networks and credit card purchases. The first of its kind in the cinema industry, the DMP offers transaction-based insights, better targeted campaigns, and closed-loop ROI.
NCM’s Online and Mobile offerings expand FirstLook to reach the digitally-connected moviegoers before and after the movie theater experience – on whatever screen they using:
- Cinema Audience Accelerator: NCM has engaged Rocket Fuel’s Audience Accelerator to power Cinema Accelerator, a new product that utilizes first-party data including movie ticket purchase data, geo-local mobile audiences, cross-device delivery and audience modeling to accurately reach NCM moviegoers as they extend their movie going experience.
- FirstLook5 — A 5-minute online video version of NCM’s FirstLook with over 2 million weekly views.
NCM’s management team have extensive backgrounds in advertising sales and marketing, theater
operations, digital network design and operations, and finance.
- Andrew J. England — Chief Executive Officer and Director
- Clifford E. Marks — President
- Dave Kupiec — Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
- Ralph E. Hardy — Executive Vice President & General Counsel
- Geri House — Executive Vice President, People & Organization
- Tom Reilly — Executive Vice President, Regional Sales
- Katie Scherping — Chief Financial Officer
- Jeffrey Cabot — Senior Vice President, Controller
National CineMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: NCMI) owns a 43.7% interest in and is the managing member of National CineMedia LLC. For investor information, please visit investor.ncm.com.
9110 E. Nichols Avenue, Suite 200
Centennial, CO 80112
National Sales Offices
- New York, NY
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Additional local/regional representatives throughout the U.S.
Where to Find NCM
Amy Jane Finnerty
*As of December 29, 2016. All figures are approximate and subject to change.