AARP REAL POSSIBILITIES SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND
A VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT REQUIRED.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 50 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Real Possibilities Sweepstakes ("Promotion" or "Sweepstakes") begins April 18, 2014 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends May 16, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET ("Promotion Period").
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning 12:00:00 a.m. (ET) on 4/18/14, (a) visit www.NCM.com/RealPossibilities and follow the links and instructions to submit your online Sweepstakes entry into the AARP Real Possibilities Sweepstakes.
Participants in the Promotion will be required to provide full name, a valid e-mail address, and a daytime phone number. In addition, entrant will have the opportunity to briefly tell, in writing, about a life goal or dream that winning the Grand Prize (as defined in section 4 herein) might help to fulfill. Submitting such written response is for fun only and is not required for entry into the Sweepstakes. Such optional written submission will in no way be used to determine a winner, nor will it increase an entrant’s chances of winning a prize.
By providing such optional written submission, entrant grants to National CineMedia (the "Sponsor) and AARP the right to use his/her response for purposes of advertising and trade in connection with the Sweepstakes without compensation or notice.
Completing and submitting a Sweepstakes entry online in the manner stated above is the only means of participating in the Promotion. Receipt of entries may be acknowledged; but such acknowledgement does not constitute any representation by Sponsor as to Sweepstakes eligibility.
Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (MST) on 5/16/14.
Limit one (1) entry per person/e-mail address per day (12:00:00 a.m. ET - 11:59:59 p.m. ET). If more than one (1) daily entry is received by a person or email address, all entries for that day will be void and such person may be disqualified. Use of any automated program or like means to violate the entry conditions (including the entry limit) will void all that entrant's entries and that entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor, AARP and their respective agencies are not responsible for late, lost, garbled/undecipherable, misdirected, incomplete or invalid entries or game plays, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The "authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is the natural person assigned this e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C. who are fifty (50) years of age or older. Void where prohibited. Employees of National CineMedia, LLC and AARP, The Walt Disney Company, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and prize providers (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: One Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Drawing will be conducted on or about the third business day following the entry deadline. Potential winner will be notified on or about the first business day following the drawing, by e-mail and/or telephone, in Sponsor's sole discretion and will be required to respond to such notification within three (3) days of initial notification attempt.
Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within five (5) days of receipt of such documents. Potential Grand Prize winner agrees that an electronic signature shall have the same legal force and effect as signing these documents by hand.
Noncompliance within these time periods or return of prize notification or required documents as undeliverable may result in disqualification without further notice, and an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries received.
Grand Prize (1): $10,000, which may be awarded as a gift card/debit card from a recognized bank or credit card/debit card issuer, or as a check, in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
All federal, state and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 Tax Form for the value of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
Prize is non-transferrable and there will be no prize substitution except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade in connection with the Sweepstakes without further compensation, including on a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Releasees have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes promotional materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, participation in, possession, travel related to, defects in, delivery of, use, misuse or inability to use prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sweepstakes Entities, or any of their agents or employees, (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof) or (h) the collection, use and/or sharing of entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of prize.
Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Releasees from and against any and all liability and damages. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions which are final and binding. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize winners.
NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Releasees are not responsible for faulty, incorrect or mis-transcribed email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor will make the prize available to be won in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.NCM.com/RealPossibilities. Any damages to the Sweepstakes site by a participant will be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor and its agency. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
7.WINNER&S LIST: For the first name, last initial and state of Grand Prize winner, send an email with Subject Line: “AARP Real Possibilities Sweepstakes" to WinnersList@berlinproductions.com. Requests must be received by 5:00:00 p.m. ET, May 23, 2014.
8. DISPUTES: Sweepstakes, including construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be (1) governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to choice of law or conflict of law principles (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Colorado. (2) any dispute, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes or the award of the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and brought exclusively in a federal or state court in Arapahoe County, Colorado; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.
©2014 National CineMedia, LLC. All rights reserved.